Saving for a rainy day
Students explore the importance of saving for unexpected expenses and then draw pictures of what their rainy day savings could pay for.
Saving money for unexpected expenses makes it easier to face challenges.
- Why is it important to have an emergency savings account?
- What are unexpected expenses?
- Identify unexpected expenses that could happen
- Understand the importance of having emergency savings
What students will do
- Brainstorm different unexpected expenses.
- Draw pictures of those unexpected expenses.
- Answer reflection questions that help them understand and personalize the process of saving for unexpected events.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.