Reporting fraud or identity theft to authorities
Students match fraud and identity theft crime descriptions with appropriate action steps to take in the event of a real-life crime.
Fraud and identity theft hurt millions of Americans every year.
- What can I learn from other people’s experiences to better protect my financial identity?
- How do I report fraud and identity theft?
- Understand types of fraud and identity theft
- Become familiar with how to report identity theft and identity fraud
What students will do
- Analyze identity theft and fraud scenarios.
- Research action steps fraud and identity theft victims should take to address or report their experience.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.