Reading about credit scores
By analyzing a text about credit scores, students learn about lending practices and how credit scores influence the ability to borrow money.
A person’s credit score is a number that communicates their history of paying back loans or paying bills.
- How are credit scores determined?
- What results in high or low credit scores?
- Understand what a credit score is and why it’s important
- Recognize what factors are used to calculate credit scores
What students will do
- Read and analyze a text about credit scores to understand how credit scores are calculated.
- Discuss their text analysis with the class.
- Identify three things a person can do that may result in a high credit score.
Reading about credit scores (guide)
Reading about credit scores (worksheet)
All about credit scores (handout)
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.