Qualifying for loans
Students apply their understanding of secured or unsecured loans as they write a description of an individual who may or may not qualify for each type of credit.
Borrowers may qualify for different types of loans based on their credit history.
- How might a person’s credit habits and decisions influence their ability to borrow money?
- What are some facts about credit scores that could influence lenders when a person wants to borrow money?
- Understand the characteristics of secured and unsecured loans
- Identify credit habits and choices that could help or hurt a person's credit history
What students will do
- Review the characteristics of secured and unsecured loans.
- Write a description of individuals who do or don't qualify for a secured loan or an unsecured loan based on their credit history.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.