Protecting yourself as a consumer
Students research consumer rights to respond to real-life scenarios that demonstrate the importance of consumer protection laws.
Consumer protection laws exist to protect the rights of consumers and to prevent businesses from engaging in unlawful practices that may give them an advantage over competitors.
- How do consumer protection laws help you?
- How can you make informed choices in the marketplace and get help if you think your rights have been violated?
- Know basic consumer rights and where to go for help with consumer complaints
- Practice recognizing when consumer protection laws are broken
What students will do
- Become familiar with consumer protection laws through research and discussion.
- Determine whether consumers would have protections in some real-life scenarios and research evidence to support their answer.
Protecting yourself as a consumer (guide)
Protecting yourself as a consumer (worksheet)
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.