Protecting your home
Students act out scenarios and insert key vocabulary words into an insurance scenario to become familiar with how renter’s and homeowner’s insurance can help people manage expenses related to unexpected troubles that may happen.
Homeowner’s and renter’s insurance can protect people from unexpected expenses when challenging life events happen.
- What does it mean to be insured?
- Why do people need renter’s or homeowner’s insurance?
- Identify the purpose of renter’s or homeowner’s insurance
- Understand the risks of not having renter’s or homeowner’s insurance
What students will do
- Understand and apply key vocabulary associated with insurance.
- Act out scenarios about accidents that can happen to homes.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.