Identifying the missing credit score category
After reviewing basic facts about the lending process and credit scores, students play a game to reinforce their understanding of what goes into a credit score.
When lenders determine eligibility for a loan, they consider many factors, including a person’s credit history and credit score.
- How can understanding credit scores and credit history help improve your likelihood to get approved for a loan?
- How are the financial decisions people make represented in their credit history?
- Understand what a credit score is and how lenders use it when they determine eligibility for a loan
- Become familiar with the factors used to calculate credit scores
What students will do
- Read a handout about credit scores to understand how credit scores may influence lending decisions.
- Play “The case of the missing credit score category” game.
Identifying the missing credit score category (guide)
Identifying the missing credit score category (worksheet)
All about credit scores (handout)
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.