Flying into spending and saving
Students fly a paper airplane they’ve created to targets that represent amounts of money saved or spent and track their results.
Spending less money can help you save more.
- Why is it a good idea to save money?
- How can spending money keep you from your savings goals?
- Understand why saving money is a good habit
- Recognize that spending money can make it harder to save
What students will do
- Discuss the differences between spending and saving.
- Create a paper airplane and fly it to spending and saving targets.
- Track spending and saving on a chart as they play the game.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.