Explaining how inflation works
Students learn about inflation and buying power by using the Consumer Price Index (CPI) Calculator to compare prices for goods and services in 1960, 1990, and 2019.
Inflation occurs when the prices of goods and services increase over time.
- What is inflation?
- What is buying power and how is it related to inflation?
- Analyze how prices and buying power have changed over time
- Learn how inflation might impact you in the future
What students will do
- Watch a video that explains how inflation works.
- Use an online inflation calculator to track inflation over time.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.