Evaluating savings scenarios
By analyzing real-world scenarios, students practice making informed decisions about savings tools to meet financial situations and needs.
Different situations may require different savings tools.
- What are some benefits and risks related to different savings tools?
- How do you decide which savings tools work for different situation and needs?
- Understand ways to store money, including types of savings tools offered by insured depository institutions
- Be able to match appropriate savings tools with real-world scenarios
What students will do
- Use the “Evaluating savings scenarios” worksheet to review real-world savings
- Recommend a savings tool(s) for each scenario.
- Give a clear reason for choosing each savings tool.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.