Differentiating fixed and variable expenses
Using real-world scenarios, students identify fixed and variable expenses and reflect on how they are similar and different.
To manage your cash flow and maintain a budget, it’s helpful to understand different types of expenses.
- What are different types of expenses?
- When might I encounter some of these expenses in my life?
- Understand what a fixed expense is
- Understand what a variable expense is
What students will do
- Use the “Differentiating fixed and variable expenses” worksheet to identify fixed and variable expenses presented in real-world scenarios.
- Reflect on the similarities and differences between the two types of expenses.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.