Describing credit scores
Students work collaboratively to interpret a text about credit and then express their understanding in a summary paragraph.
A person’s credit score is a number that communicates the person’s history of paying back loans or paying bills.
- How are credit scores determined?
- What results in high or low credit scores?
- Understand what a credit score is and why it’s important
- Recognize what factors are used to calculate credit scores
What students will do
- Read about credit scores to learn how they're calculated.
- Discuss and explore money practices that result in a high or low credit score.
- Present their new understanding and learn from their classmates.
- Synthesize their understanding in a summary statement.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.