Composing songs and verse about paying for college
Students write a song, rap, or poem that captures some key strategies people use to pay for college.
Financial aid — in the form of scholarships, grants, work-study options, and loans — can help pay for higher education.
- How can financial aid help pay for higher education?
- What might be the best option for me when planning to pay for higher education?
- Identify ways to pay for higher education (e.g., savings and financial aid)
- Create an informative song, rap, or poem
What students will do
- Review basic information about paying for college (if necessary, they can research financial aid on selected government websites).
- Write a song, rap, or a poem about paying for college.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.