Comparing costs when building a rocket
Students plan and build a straw rocket with the aim of making one that flies the farthest for the lowest cost.
Planning ahead and comparing costs can help you make spending decisions that are best for you.
- How can you make spending decisions that are best for you?
- Are things that cost more always better?
- Practice comparing costs and making spending choices
- Explore whether things that cost more are always better
What students will do
- Build and launch a test rocket using different combinations of materials.
- Reflect on which materials help them build a rocket that flies the farthest for the lowest cost.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.