Choosing how to get paid
Students explore and compare common payment methods and pay periods that employers use. They apply their learning by voting on their preferred methods in a class poll.
Employers can pay employees in different ways.
- What are the different methods for paying employees?
- How often do employees get paid?
- Describe various methods and schedules employers use to pay their employees
- Compare and contrast common methods and schedules for getting paid
What students will do
- Use the “Choosing how to get paid” worksheet to compare and contrast different methods and schedules for getting paid.
- Write questions or thoughts about each one.
- Vote in a poll about the payment methods and schedules, and discuss the poll results.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.