Checking account basics
Students read a handout to learn about opening a bank or credit union account and then simulate asking a bank or credit union representative questions to determine if the account is for them.
A checking account can be a useful tool for managing finances.
- What is a checking account?
- How do you determine if a checking account is a good fit for your needs and your situation?
- Understand basic information about checking accounts
- Use a checklist to help prepare to open a checking account and determine if the account is right for you
What students will do
- Read a text with basic information about checking accounts.
- Answer basic comprehension questions.
- Engage in a simulation activity about meeting with a bank or credit union representative to open an account at that institution.
- Reflect on how they might use a checking account in the future.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.