Charting types of pay
Students interview family members, friends, or other trusted adults about ways they get paid (wages, salaries, tips, or commissions) and then track the pay types on a graph.
Workers are paid in different ways such as wages, salaries, tips, and commissions.
- What are four types of pay?
- Which types of pay are most common?
- Understand the difference between wages, salaries, tips, and commissions
- Learn about the types of pay that adult friends and family members earn
What students will do
- Discuss the difference between wages, salaries, tips, and commissions.
- Interview trusted adults about the types of pay they earn.
- Help create a bar graph on types of pay using sticky notes.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.