Categorizing expenses in any language
Students brainstorm typical household expenses and collaborate to come up with the proper terms in their target language. They then categorize those expenses as either fixed or variable.
Understanding and managing different types of expenses help you control your cash flow and follow a budget.
- What are different types of expenses?
- What are common fixed and variable household expenses?
- Understand the differences between fixed and variable expenses
- Identify examples of fixed and variable expenses
What students will do
- Work with partners to brainstorm household expenses, using the proper term or vocabulary from the language they’re studying.
- Record their ideas on the “Categorizing expenses in any language” worksheet.
- Identify those expenses as fixed or variable.
- Practice their conversational language skills (in the language studied) to discuss how they might be able to reduce their own expenses.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.