Asking for a raise
Students engage in a scenario where they use the strategies of persuasive writing to write a professional letter asking for a raise.
People can increase their income by acquiring more experience and job skills, which often leads to higher compensation.
- When is the right time to ask for a raise?
- What’s an effective way to ask for a raise?
- Understand how to properly prepare to ask for a raise
- Apply effective strategies when asking for a raise
What students will do
- Explore the concept of persuasive writing.
- Write a letter asking for a raise from an imaginary boss.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.