Analyzing auto insurance scenarios
Working in groups, students will use real-world scenarios to explore how people’s choices in auto insurance coverage can affect them financially when unexpected events happen.
Insurance can help lower the financial risks associated with driving and owning a car.
- What types of auto insurance coverage are available and what do they cover?
- How does auto insurance help limit your financial risks?
- Analyze real-world scenarios to identify types of auto insurance coverage and concerns
- Evaluate risk factors, premiums, and financial responsibility related to auto insurance
What students will do
- Read about different types of auto insurance.
- Work in groups to select three types of coverage to buy.
- Read the scenario given to their group and, based on the coverage selected, determine how much they and the insurance company will be responsible for paying.
- Reflect on the need for auto insurance.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.