Analyzing auto insurance scenarios
Students use real-world scenarios to explore how people’s auto insurance coverage choices can affect them financially when unexpected events happen.
Insurance can help lower the financial risks associated with owning and driving a car.
- What types of auto insurance coverage are available and what do they cover?
- How does auto insurance help limit your financial risks?
- Analyze real-world scenarios to identify types of auto insurance coverage and concerns
- Evaluate risk factors, premiums, and financial responsibility related to auto insurance
What students will do
- Read about different types of auto insurance.
- Work in groups to select three types of coverage to buy.
- Read a scenario about a person with auto insurance and, based on the insurance coverage selected, determine how much they and the insurance company would be responsible for paying.
- Reflect on the need for auto insurance.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.