This position is in Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Legal Division, Law & Policy Office. You will provide legal and policy advice to the General Counsel, Deputy General Counsel, and other senior officials on the CFPB's authorities and jurisdiction, the interpretation of Federal consumer financial law, and matters of administrative law. You will supervise a subordinate staff of attorneys and paralegals.
As a Supervisory Attorney-Advisor (Assistant General Counsel for Law and Policy), you will:
- Serve as a legal advisor to the General Counsel, Deputy General Counsel for Law and Policy, and other senior officials on legal issues including constitutional and administrative law, consumer finance law, the Dodd-Frank Act, and other laws and regulations arising out of the intersection of law and policy involving the CFPB's exercise of its rulemaking, supervisory, enforcement, and other authorities.
- Manage the analysis of questions of statutory and regulatory interpretation under relevant statutes, regulations, and guidance. Formulate conclusions and recommendations and presents findings to senior CFPB management. Establish priorities and due dates and monitor progress and results.
- Collaborate with other offices to ensure that the legal dimensions of policy initiatives are identified at an early stage and adequately addressed. Formulate policy recommendations and recommends alternative courses of action.
- Speak authoritatively on legal matters within areas of responsibility, and represent the Office of Law and Policy at meetings. Provide briefings for senior CFPB officials and staff regarding legal issues within areas of responsibility.
- Supervise a workforce of attorneys and paralegals. Plan work assignments on a strategic basis. Ensure work is accomplished in accordance with established and emerging policy and practice. Lead, motivate, and develop employees, establish performance objectives, conduct performance evaluations, and initiate performance-based actions and awards.
- Occasional travel - 1-5 nights per month.