This position is located in the CFPB, Supervision, Enforcement and Fair Lending, Office of Supervision Policy. The incumbent leads and manages the most complex projects and subject matter areas in an independent manner relating to CFPB's regulatory and supervisory authorities regarding large bank or nonbank financial institutions and is recognized as a legal expert in regulatory and supervisory issues related to non-bank financial institutions or large banks.
As a Senior Counsel, Supervision Policy, you will:
- Analyze law and policy issues applicable to large banks or nonbank financial institutions under the CFPB's jurisdiction and related to the CFPB's supervision program.
- Draft a variety of complex legal, policy and other documents.
- Provide oral and written legal advice with respect to whether supervised institutions are operating in compliance with Federal consumer financial law and other statutory and regulatory requirements relating to the CFPB's supervision program.
- Provide advice and counsel on issues related to Federal consumer financial law, including areas such as consumer reporting, fair lending, deposits, remittances, small-dollar short-term lending, consumer debt collection, student loan, auto, credit card, and mortgage origination and servicing.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of the supervision of large banks and nonbank financial institutions, including review of examination reports that address whether supervised firms are operating in compliance with the law.
- Analyze the methods and levels of compliance and determines how the state of such compliance affects consumers who do business with supervised institutions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.