This position is located at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, CONSUMER EDUCATION. The Management and Program Analyst provides management support, expert advice, and leads key programs for the Office of Consumer Education. The incumbent manages the office's diversity and inclusion, culture, travel and awards and recognition programs.
See our tips on the application process and printable checklist to ensure each step of the application is completed.
The following are the duties of this position at the CN-53, broadly equivalent to the GS-13. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Leads Consumer Education's data access management program to ensure CE employees and contractors have appropriate and controlled access to the bureau technological systems. Serves as CE's primary liaison with Consumer Education and External Affairs (CEEA) division point of contact and the Office of Technology and Innovation for data access.
- Supports the Deputy Assistant Director with ongoing performance measurement and assessment of the office's processes; and provides expert advice to define, implement and monitor critical measures of program performance and effectiveness, with respect to mission achievement, growth and innovation, organizational alignment, workforce competency and engagement, and operational efficiency as necessary to report to respective Consumer Education functional and/or process owners.
- Collaborates with Consumer Education's operational and technical personnel to develop and refine performance reports that provide appropriate insight into current performance levels and drivers of performance variation. Collaborates with respective section directors to communicate performance trends.
- Participates in the development of strategic and operational planning under the sponsorship of the Assistant Director or Deputy Assistant Director. Provides the Assistant Director or Deputy Assistant Director with advice and support to help formulate and refine plans that address gaps between expected and actual performance and to anticipate and respond to environmental, legislative, operational volume, and workforce trends with the potential to impact the Section's future performance. Advises the Assistant Director or Deputy Assistant Director on strategic programs and initiatives capable of supporting defined goals.
- Leads Consumer Education's diversity and inclusion efforts in coordination with the division's D&I coordinator to regularly incorporate and highlight diverse perspectives into CE's culture.