This position is located at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Technology and Innovation. The incumbent serves as the Data Strategic Operations and Policy Manager and provides program support in the areas of operational process improvement, policy development, financial and resource management, communications and outreach, and project management.
See our tips on the application process and printable checklist to ensure each step of the application is completed.
As a DataStrategic Operations and Policy Lead, you will:
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of T&I and Bureau initiatives and provides guidance and support on a wide variety of matters to ensure the team's interests are captured and aligned to programs and core functions.
- Identifies and proposes improvement opportunities to solution delivery, customer service, and overall processes across the team. Leads execution of these initiatives including coordinating across involved teams and managing end-to-end activities, communications, and post-implementation monitoring.
- Lead the development and execution of the team's budget. Recommends prioritization of investments based on cost and resource capacity. Develops Investment Review Board business cases working with T&I front office.
- Evaluates vendor proposals, monitors vendor performance against contract terms, helps ensure smooth operation of invoicing, and communicates frequently with procurement staff regarding vendor performance.
- Assesses the need for Bureau-wide policy, guidance, and standards regarding data management and analytics. Works with cross functional teams to develop appropriate policies and standards coordinating with stakeholders to ensure Bureau-wide buy in and requirements addressed.