- Supervision, Enforcement, & Fair Lending - Enforcement
- Closing date:
- Washington, DC
- 30, 40 See information on grades and base pay ranges
- Who may apply:
- Open to All US Citizens (Excepted service – Term Only)
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (Bureau) Honors Paralegal Program is designed to provide exceptionally talented entry level individuals including recent college graduates with rigorous paralegal experience gained while engaging in meaningful public service work. Individuals selected under this program will be involved in a range of activities in support of the Bureau's legal work, such as assisting in investigatory work and litigation.
The following are the duties of this position at the CN-40, broadly equivalent to the GS-9. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Provide assistance to attorneys by conducting legal research into the legislative history, legal decisions, opinions, rulings, memoranda, etc., surrounding Federal consumer financial law and related legal work, including consumer protection litigation, policy, and rulemaking.
- Summarize research findings and organize materials to highlight facts and points of significance to support attorney needs.
- Assist attorneys in conducting interviews with investigative sources.
- Draft correspondence, reports, routine legal documents, and other materials that require knowledge of legal instruments, process, and terminology.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
What to know if you apply
Apply for this position
Open to All US Citizens (Excepted service – Term Only)
Applications will be accepted from U.S. citizens. This position is being filled under CFPB's excepted service authority. Appointment under this authority does not convey competitive status.