This position is located at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) RESEARCH MARKETS AND REGULATIONS DIVISION. As an Economist, you will conduct economic analysis on difficult and complex topics to support the following CFPB functions: research of consumer financial markets, monitoring of developments in consumer financial markets, enforcement, and financial education.
See our tips on the application process and printable checklist to ensure each step of the application is completed.
The following are the duties of this position at the CN-60, broadly equivalent to the GS-14. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Analyze, synthesize, interpret, and lead responsibility of providing information, analysis, technical advice, and recommendations on current developments in consumer financial markets and services.
- Plan, organize and participate in the collection of data on a wide variety of problems in consumer financial markets and services. These collections may include lead responsibility of planning, designing and implementation of surveys of households and firms.
- Develop and maintain econometric models of consumer financial markets for use in policy analysis. Support analysis with statistical, mathematical, and econometric methods and techniques, and consistently exhibits professional judgment.
- Analyze issues and changes in consumer financial markets and services and analyzes and develops or evaluates proposals for policy or regulatory change including effects of proposed policies and regulations on competition and consumers.
- Occasional travel - 01 to 05 travel nights per month may be required.