An official website of the United States Government

Can I send a QWR no matter what kind of mortgage I have?

You can send a QWR to ask for information regarding the servicing of your loan or to dispute errors about your loan account for first mortgages, but not for second mortgages or lines of credit. You should try to resolve any dispute, no matter what kind of mortgage you have, with your servicer first. For additional assistance with any kind of mortgage, you can file a complaint with the CFPB online or by calling 1-855-411-CFPB (2372), or call 1-800-569-4287 to be connected to a HUD-approved housing counselor.

Can't find your question? Ask us!

Submit a question